I Have A Message

Moderator: UCEadmin

Forum rules
1) Give objective and constructive comments.
2) Stay on topic.
3) Show courtesy to each other and respect different views.
4) Respect copyrighted materials.
5) Do not spam. No blatant advertising.
6) No indecent content
7) Report inappropriate posts.
8) Be sure to have fun!

The interpretation of the above rules is solely up to the moderator team of this Forum and may change at any time without prior notice.
VIEW FULL VERSION OF RULE

I Have A Message

Postby Frankie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:46 pm

Title: "I Have A Message"

To spread a message effectively is not an easy task, especially when you need to compete with others to capture the audience’s attention. A good strategy to do it well will be one of the keys to success.

At HKUST, it is interesting to have society promotion weeks organized like a carnival. It attracted my attention and aroused my interest to walk around the booths to see what they are about. To me, it looked like a unique arts performance.

In spreading a message, one could choose to do it vocally or non-vocally, static or filled with actions.This time, I have chosen a non-vocal style –a silent street art performance, dressed like a statue with a banner “I have a message”.

How well did I succeed in arousing your interest in me? I would evaluate it by seeing how many people have stopped by, looked at me, taken a picture of me or with me, reading through this passage, or commenting on this.

My message is that, there are many different ways to express ideas and execute a plan. It is important to know right at the beginning what we want to achieve, what message we want to communicate to others before a method is chosen to deliver it in the most effective way. It is equally important to evaluate how well and effective we have got the message across. We have choices and alternatives.

In my point of view, there is no definite wrong or right answer. You may have different preference, different views on an issue, just like you may have different perception of my “message”. What I value is the process, the opportunity to think through the issues critically, objectively and logically.

If you have other effective ways to spread a message, I would love to hear from you.

¬
Frankie

Return to I Have A Message